Tuesday, June 19, 2007

LEGO Star Wars Memories....

With the 30th Anniversary of the first Star Wars movie upon us, this über fan reminisces about the first time his father took him to see a Star Wars movie. Like so many other fans he quickly became obsessed. He writes: "I feel sorry for my dad: he had to deal with a mini-Luke for the next ten years." And, like so many of us, LEGO bricks consumed his childhood so he was creative and built his very own spaceships to have space battles. Once LEGO came out with its LEGO Star Wars line he wondered, “why, oh why didn’t they have them when I was a kid? It was the ultimate marriage of my two childhood favorites... Alas, I was an adult, so I didn’t buy such toys anymore. So I bought a Lego Podracer from Episode I. It’s still in my closet. Shh, don’t tell anyone.”